Complaints Handling Procedure

To be made available in written form to a client or to the public on request following any expression of dissatisfaction.

This note sets out the procedure we will follow in dealing with any client complaint:

  1. We have appointed The Senior Partner to deal with complaints. If you have a question or if you would like to make a complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact him at Druslyn House, De-la-Beche Street, Swansea, SA1 3HH.
  2. If you have initially made your complaint verbally, whether face-to-face or on the phone, please also make it in writing at the aforementioned address.
  3. Once we have received your written complaint, the Senior Partner will contact you in writing within seven working days. At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case. We will also invite you to make any further comments that you may have in relation to this.
  4. Within twenty-one working days of receipt of your written summary, the Senior Partner will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take.
  5. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation then you may refer the matter as appropriate to either of the relevant redress services approved by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):-

A. THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMAN – This redress mechanism is free to consumers and can consider any consumer complaints. The contact details are The Property Ombudsman Milford House, 43 – 55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP. (t) 01722 333306 (w)

B. RICS DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICE (DRS) – provides services to resolve disputes in land, property and construction. DRS services are only for business to business disputes. It is a service run directly by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The contact details are RICS Dispute Resolution Services, Surveyor Court, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JE. (t) 020 7334 3806 (f) 020 7334 3802 (w)

Click here for a copy of our complaints handling procedure.